Justene fulfils the role of Progression's Disability Expert and Occupational Support Co-ordinator, a position which requires her to offer support to clients' learners, deliver awareness around accessibility and inclusion and speak as an expert on Progression's Diversity Management model aligned with Best Practice.
Justene studied in Glasgow, Scotland and holds a Diploma in Health and Social Care, specialising in Occupational Therapy; she has been working with disability since 2006. Prior to her role at Progression, Justene worked with an organisation that partnered with Social Services to promote independent living and equality for people with disabilities in the communities.
Justene is passionate about diversity, equality and fair treatment for all people in South Africa, and believes in transforming workplaces to create organisations that fully represent the demographic of our country by providing accessible and inclusive work environments.
Managing Diversity in the Workplace | Awareness and Sensitisation | Learner Support | Mental Health and Well-being | Accessibility | Inclusion | Policies and Procedures
- All About Albinism - Albinism Awareness Day
- Is HIV/AIDS a Disability?
- What Mental Health Needs is More Unashamed Conversation
- Mental Health Awareness Month: Removing the Stigma
- Addressing Our Thinking Towards Disability
- What is Disability Awareness in the Workplace and Why is it Important?
- Five Considerations for Building a Disability Awareness Strategy
- Mental Health Matters
- Is Diabetes a Disability or Chronic Condition?
- Managing Disability During the Festive Season
- Intellectual Disability Awareness Month
- Stephen Hawking- Disability Need Not be an Obstacle to Success