This skills programme is designed to equip participants with the skills required to manage conflict in the workplace, whether it is between employees, customers or suppliers. The course is also aimed at educating managers on how to establish and build stronger relationships with their subordinates, as well as facilitate team building across their organisation.
Entry Level Requirements:
Communication, Mathematical Literacy and Computer Literacy at NQF Level 4 and/or Grade 12.
This qualification is intended for managers in small organisations or business units in larger organizations.
The programme consists of 8 days of training, either online or classroom based. A total of 310 notional hours must be accounted for to be declared competent for this skills programme.
Cost from R8 400 per learner
(Terms & Conditions Apply)
|Unit Std||Unit Standard Title||Credits|
|252027||Devise and apply strategies to establish and maintain workplace relationships||6|
|12433||Use communication techniques effectively||8|
|252031||Apply the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence to the management of self and others||4|
|117853||Conduct negotiations to deal with conflict situations||8|
|252041||Promote a learning culture in an organisation||5|
The competent learner will be capable of:
- Liaising and networking with internal and external stakeholders.
- Devising and applying a strategy to establish constructive relationships with team members in a unit.
- Devising and applying a strategy to establish constructive relationships with managers.
- Identifying and minimising personal conflict in the workplace.
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence in respect of life and work relations.
- Analysing the role of emotional intelligence in interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships in life and work situations.
- Analysing the impact of emotional intelligence on life and work interactions.
- Evaluating own level of emotional intelligence to determine development areas.
- Prepare for, conduct and conclude negotiations.
- Evaluate negotiations.
- Investigate and analyse the status of the learning culture within the organisation.
- Develop strategies for the promotion of a learning culture within the organisation.
Implement strategies to promote a learning culture.