This skills programme is a streamlined version of the Generic Management NQF Level 4 qualification, which focuses on the key aspects of team/department management. It is aimed at equipping junior managers with the necessary skills required to manage a team or a department. The programme assists in building the foundations for strategic thinking and leadership skills.
Entry Level Requirements:
Communication, Mathematical Literacy and Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3 and/or Grade 11.
This qualification is intended for junior managers of small organisations and/or junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations.
The programme consists of 7 days of training, either online or classroom based. A total of 280 notional hours must be accounted for to be declared competent for this skills programme.
Cost from R7 350 per learner
(Terms & Conditions Apply)
|Unit Std||Unit Standard Title||Credits|
|242821||Identify responsibilities of a team leader in ensuring that organisational standards are met||6|
|242824||Apply leadership concepts in a work context||12|
|242819||Motivate and build a team||10|
The competent learner will be capable of:
- Explaining the relationship between the type, ownership, size of an organisation and its management structure.
- Explaining the role of a team leader in an organisation.
- Explaining the purpose of the team.
- Contracting with the team members to obtain commitment to achieve organisational standards.
- Implementing, monitoring, and evaluating performance against team objectives and organisational standards.
- Explaining the concept of leadership.
- Differentiating between the concepts of leadership and management.
- Applying leadership techniques to individuals and teams within the work context.
- Evaluating the impact of leadership techniques applied.
- Explaining the importance of motivating a team.
- Demonstrating an understanding of self and team members in a workplace.
- Applying theories of motivation and group dynamics.
- Implementing a plan of action to strengthen a team.
Providing feedback and recognising achievements.